ACLS PROVIDER COURSE DESCRIPTION
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Provider course in Alpharetta builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac arrest care. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
Skills are taught in large-group sessions and small-group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
ACLS Provider Course Times
Mandatory Precourse Self-Assessment and Precourse Work Requirements
- All students must complete the Precourse Self-Assessment and achieve a score of at least 70% before taking the ACLS Course.
- Once a student has passed the Precourse Self-Assessment, they will gain access to the Precourse Work video lessons.
- All video lessons must be reviewed before entering the classroom.
- Students must print their successful Precourse Self-Assessment completion certificate and bring it with them
ACLS Provider Course Completion Requirements
- Pass the Adult High-Quality BLS Skills Test
- Pass the Bag-Mask Ventilation Skills Test with OPA/NPA insertion
- Demonstrate competency in learning station skills
- Pass the Megacode test
- Pass the open-resource exam with a minimum score of 84%
- An open-resource exam allows students the ability to use available resources, such as the ECC Handbook and Provider Manual, posters, algorithms, etc, to process information analytically but also to think independently and creatively with curriculum content.
WHO NEEDS ACLS PROVIDER CERTIFICATION?
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Provider classes are for healthcare providers who work in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. These requirements are driven by state licensing board regulations and detail which particular healthcare agencies or individual healthcare license holders that are required to maintain ACLS Provider certification. This class can also be taken by medical professionals or students in a medical program who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
Individuals that usually require an ACLS Provider certification are: