ACLS PROVIDER COURSE DESCRIPTION
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) Provider course in Alpharetta is designed to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage and resuscitate patients who suffer from cardiac arrest or other life-threatening cardiovascular emergencies. This course is specifically tailored for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiovascular emergencies and is ideal for physicians, nurses, paramedics, and other healthcare professionals.
The course begins with a comprehensive review of the ACLS algorithms, guidelines, and protocols, including the use of high-performance team dynamics and communication techniques during resuscitation efforts. Participants will then learn how to identify and manage respiratory and cardiac arrest, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes, as well as recognition and early management of life-threatening dysrhythmias.
The course also covers advanced airway management techniques, pharmacology, and the use of defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion in the management of cardiac emergencies. Participants will also learn how to effectively manage pre- and post-cardiac arrest care, including therapeutic hypothermia and neurological assessment.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in hands-on practice and simulations, developing their clinical skills and building confidence in managing complex cardiovascular emergencies. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an ACLS Provider certification card that is valid for two years.
Overall, this course prepares healthcare professionals to provide high-quality ACLS care, improving outcomes for patients experiencing life-threatening cardiovascular emergencies.
ACLS Provider Course Times
Mandatory Precourse Self-Assessment and Precourse Work Requirements
- All students must complete the Precourse Self-Assessment and achieve a score of at least 70% before taking the ACLS Course.
- Once a student has passed the Precourse Self-Assessment, they will gain access to the Precourse Work video lessons.
- All video lessons must be reviewed before entering the classroom.
- Students must print their successful Precourse Self-Assessment completion certificate and bring it with them
ACLS Provider Course Completion Requirements
- Pass the Adult High-Quality BLS Skills Test
- Pass the Bag-Mask Ventilation Skills Test with OPA/NPA insertion
- Demonstrate competency in learning station skills
- Pass the Megacode test
- Pass the open-resource exam with a minimum score of 84%
- An open-resource exam allows students the ability to use available resources, such as the ECC Handbook and Provider Manual, posters, algorithms, etc, to process information analytically but also to think independently and creatively with curriculum content.
WHO NEEDS ACLS PROVIDER CERTIFICATION?
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Provider classes are for healthcare providers who work in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. These requirements are driven by state licensing board regulations and detail which particular healthcare agencies or individual healthcare license holders that are required to maintain ACLS Provider certification. This class can also be taken by medical professionals or students in a medical program who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
Individuals that usually require an ACLS Provider certification are: