ACLS Renewal Course Description
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Renewal course in Alpharetta is designed for professionals who are seeking to renew their advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification. This course is ideal for healthcare workers such as doctors, nurses, paramedics, and other medical personnel who are involved in emergency cardiovascular care and are required to maintain their proficiency in ACLS.
This one-day course aims to refresh participants’ knowledge of advanced cardiovascular life support techniques. It covers essential topics such as airway management, acute coronary syndrome, stroke, bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias, and pharmacology. Participants will also learn to interpret ECG rhythms and use appropriate medications for ACLS interventions.
The course is led by experienced instructors who use a combination of lectures, hands-on simulations, and interactive discussions to promote learning and retention. They also use state-of-the-art training equipment and the latest instructional tools to provide a comprehensive and engaging learning experience.
At the end of this course, participants will receive an ACLS renewal certification card that is valid for two years. The certification will demonstrate their ability to respond confidently and effectively to life-threatening emergencies.
Overall, Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Renewal course in Alpharetta is an excellent option for healthcare workers who are looking to renew their ACLS certification in a supportive and informative environment.
Mandatory ACLS Renewal Precourse Requirements
- All students must complete the Precourse Self-Assessment and achieve a score of at least 70% before taking the ACLS Course.
- Once a student has passed the Precourse Self-Assessment, they will gain access to the Precourse Work video lessons.
- All video lessons must be reviewed before entering the classroom.
- Students must print their successful Precourse Self-Assessment completion certificate and bring it with them to class.
ACLS Renewal Course Completion Requirements
- Pass the Adult High-Quality BLS Skills Test
- Demonstrate competency in learning station skills
- Pass the Megacode test
- Pass the open-resource exam with a minimum score of 84%
- An open-resource exam allows students the ability to use available resources, such as the ECC Handbook and Provider Manual, posters, algorithms, etc, to process information analytically but also to think independently and creatively with curriculum content.
Times are based on a recommended ratio of 6 students to 1 Instructor to 1 manikin. ACLS ILT Update Course 6 - 7 hours without breaks Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
ACLS Provider Card
Who Needs ACLS Provider Certification?
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Provider classes are for healthcare providers who work in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. These requirements are driven by state licensing board regulations and detail which particular healthcare agencies or individual healthcare license holders that are required to maintain ACLS Provider certification. This class can also be taken by medical professionals or students in a medical program who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
Individuals that usually require an ACLS Provider certification are:
- Registered Nurses
- Travel Nurses
- Nursing Students
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician’s Assistants
- Dentists (performing conscious sedation)