ACLS Renewal Course Description
Safeguard CPR offers the ACLS Renewal Course for current ACLS providers who need to renew their ACLS skills and ACLS Provider course completion card. The ACLS Renewal course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
Mandatory ACLS Renewal Precourse Requirements
- All students must complete the Precourse Self-Assessment and achieve a score of at least 70% before taking the ACLS Course.
- Once a student has passed the Precourse Self-Assessment, they will gain access to the Precourse Work video lessons.
- All video lessons must be reviewed before entering the classroom.
- Students must print their successful Precourse Self-Assessment completion certificate and bring it with them to class.
ACLS Renewal Course Completion Requirements
- Pass the Adult High-Quality BLS Skills Test
- Demonstrate competency in learning station skills
- Pass the Megacode test
- Pass the open-resource exam with a minimum score of 84%
- An open-resource exam allows students the ability to use available resources, such as the ECC Handbook and Provider Manual, posters, algorithms, etc, to process information analytically but also to think independently and creatively with curriculum content.
Times are based on a recommended ratio of 6 students to 1 Instructor to 1 manikin. ACLS ILT Update Course 6 - 7 hours without breaks Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
ACLS Provider Card
Who Needs ACLS Provider Certification?
Safeguard CPR’s ACLS Provider classes are for healthcare providers who work in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. These requirements are driven by state licensing board regulations and detail which particular healthcare agencies or individual healthcare license holders that are required to maintain ACLS Provider certification. This class can also be taken by medical professionals or students in a medical program who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
Individuals that usually require an ACLS Provider certification are:
- Registered Nurses
- Travel Nurses
- Nursing Students
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician’s Assistants
- Dentists (performing conscious sedation)