Alpharetta, Georgia BLS Provider
Instructor-led, hands-on class format with an AHA BLS Instructor
Alpharetta, Georgia BLS Provider Course Cost
(Payment must be received at least 24 hours prior to class time or $25 Walk-In fee applies. If paying less than 24 hours you must call for availability first.)
This course is non-refundable.
Alpharetta, Georgia BLS Provider Course Schedule
Classes held 7 days a week
Alpharetta, Georgia BLS Provider Course Estimated Length
(Based on 6:1 Student to Instructor Ratio)
Full BLS Provider Course takes approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
Alpharetta, Georgia BLS Provider Course Location
3442 Francis Rd Ste 110, Alpharetta, GA 30004
BLS Provider Course Completion Card
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification Card that is valid for two years.
Alpharetta, Georgia BLS Provider Course Description
Safeguard CPR offers the BLS Provider course for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in various in-facility and prehospital settings. Upon successfully completing the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please get in touch with your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- Teaches healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team.
- Designed for healthcare providers who must have a card documenting successful completion of a CPR course
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS Provider Course Completion Requirements
You will be using your BLS Provider Manual throughout the course.
- Pass the 1 and 2 Rescuer Adult BLS with AED Skills Test
- Pass the 2 Rescuer Child BLS Skills Test
- Pass the 1 and 2 Rescuer Infant BLS with AED Skills Test
- Pass the open-resource exam with a minimum score of 84%
- An open-resource exam allows students the ability to use available resources, such as the ECC Handbook and Provider Manual, posters, etc, to process information analytically but also to think independently and creatively with curriculum content.