Babysitter's Training Instructor
Classroom Course with a Safeguard CPR Instructor
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Schedule
Classes held 7 days a week:
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Cost
(Payment must be received at least 24 hours prior to class time or $25 Walk-In fee applies. Please call for availability first.)
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Length
This instructor’s course is designed to be taught in about 9 hours, 30 minutes. This includes a precourse session of about 1 hour, 30 minutes. This estimate is based on–
- Six instructor candidates per instructor trainer.
- The knowledge, skills, experience and abilities of the instructor candidates.
- The experience and abilities of the instructor trainer.
- Having the recommended equipment available at each class session.
The course time includes the minimum time needed for practice teaching and class activities. Additional time may be required in the precourse session if prospective instructor candidates have no prior experience with Red Cross training and/or all video segments must be viewed.
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Certification Card
Upon successful completion of the Babysitter’s Training Instructor course, instructor candidates will receive an American Red Cross Health and Safety Services Instructor Authorization Certificate (C3005) indicating Babysitter’s Training.
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Description
Safeguard CPR offers the American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Instructor course to train instructor candidates to teach the basic-level Babysitter’s Training program.
This course prepares instructor candidates to use program materials, conduct training sessions and evaluate the progress of course participants.
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Prerequisites
To be eligible for the Babysitter’s Training Instructor
course, the instructor candidates must–
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the final scheduled session of the instructor course.
- Possess a Fundamentals of Instructor Training Certificate issued within the last year or possess a current national Health and Safety Services Instructor Authorization Certificate.
- Successfully complete the precourse session. This includes demonstrating competency in the precourse skills.
Prior to the precourse session, prospective instructor candidates must obtain the Babysitter’s Training participant’s set (includes the handbook, CD-ROM and
emergency reference guide) and complete the 30-question Babysitter’s Training Instructor Precourse SelfStudy (Appendix 3-3; also available on Instructor’s Corner at http://www.redcross.org/instructorscorner).
Completion of the self-study ensures that prospective instructor candidates are familiar with the basic concepts and care steps taught in the basic-level course.
Babysitter's Training Instructor Course Certification Requirements
- Successfully complete the instructor precourse selfstudy and the precourse session.
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the required practice-teaching assignments.
- Score at least 80 percent (16 correct answers out of 20 questions) on the Babysitter’s Training Instructor course final written exam.
- Arriving at class on time and being prepared.
- Returning from breaks on time.
- Being prepared for class activities.
- Actively participating in all class activities.
- Completing homework assignments and demonstrating that effort was put forth toward homework assignments. For example, the subject matter is appropriate, complete and presented in an effective and professional manner.
- Behaving appropriately during activities. For example, during practice-teaching assignments, the behavior remains safe and reasonable to the situation.
- Providing appropriate feedback, as requested, especially to peers after practice-teaching assignments.
- Receiving feedback from the instructor trainer as well as peers in a professional manner.
- Treating others as well as the course materials, equipment and supplies with respect.