Instructor-led, hands-on class format with an AHA BLS Instructor
BLS Renewal Course Description
Safeguard CPR offers the BLS Renewal Course for current BLS providers in Alpharetta who need to renew their BLS skills and BLS Provider course completion card.
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- Teaches healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team.
- Designed for healthcare providers who must have a card documenting successful completion of a CPR course
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Course taught using 1:1 Student to Instructor Ratio (Based on 6:1 Student to Instructor Ratio) Approx. 2 hours and 50 minutes using renewal* course agenda Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
BLS Renewal Course Tests
- Pass the 1 and 2 Rescuer Adult BLS with AED Skills Test
- Pass the 2 Rescuer Child BLS Skills Test
- Pass the 1 and 2 Rescuer Infant BLS with AED Skills Test
- Pass the open-resource exam with a minimum score of 84%
- An open-resource exam allows students the ability to use available resources, such as the ECC Handbook and Provider Manual, posters, etc, to process information analytically but also to think independently and creatively with curriculum content.
BLS Provider Card
BLS Renewal is a credentialed course.
Providers who successfully complete the BLS course receive a course completion card valid for two years.