Instructor-led, hands-on class format with an AHA BLS Instructor
You must print and present your Part 1 Certificate from the Heartcode BLS online portion for entry into a BLS Provider Skills Session.
BLS Provider Card
BLS Provider Skills Session is a credentialed course. Providers who successfully complete the BLS course receive a course completion card valid for two years.
BLS Provider Skills Session Estimated Time
Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS Provider Skills Session Description
Safeguard CPR offers the BLS Provider Skills Session for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
You must bring your certificate of completion of Part 1 to your skills session in order to receive your certification card. The online component of the course is only the first step in obtaining your BLS. HeartCode BLS uses the latest eSimulation technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Utilizing a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities, this course teaches BLS knowledge and skills. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace applying their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Blended training also supports the need for hands-on learning of psychomotor skills. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation.
Once the cognitive portion of the course has been completed, students practice and test their skills with a Safeguard CPR AHA Instructor.