Classroom Course with an American Heart Association Instructor
(Adult, Child and Infant Included)
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Cost
(Payment must be received at least 24 hours prior to class time or $25 Walk-In fee applies. Please call for availability first if paying less tan 24 hours.)
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Description
Safeguard CPR offers the American Heart Association Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid course to teach students how to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or an infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid is intended for those involved in child care who have a duty to respond to children's health emergencies, including child-care workers, teachers, foster-care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches for children's sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters, and guardians.
After successfully completing Safeguard CPR’s Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid course, students should be able to:
- list the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of a rescuer providing first aid to a child or an infant
- describe the four key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- remove protective gloves
- describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- control bleeding and bandaging
- use an epinephrine pen
- recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- recognize the legal questions that apply to pediatric first aid rescuers
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR, and perform high-quality CPR for an infant, child, or adult (adult CPR module is optional)
- give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on a child or an adult (adult AED module is optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking infant, child, or adult.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Completion Card
Whether you are taking a first aid class as a requirement for your job or just to be prepared, knowing how to respond and manage medical emergencies is an important skill. Knowing first aid empowers you to give assistance to someone who is suffering from a sudden injury or illness, so that you can make then well again, prevent their condition from worsening, or potentially save their life.
Our first aid courses cover how to manage bleeding (external), sprains, broken bones, shock, wound care and other first aid emergencies. And, our Heartsaver first aid classes are designed to meet OSHA regulations. Our instructors will guide you through various scenarios and provide you with the most up-to-date emergency treatment instructions. We will provide expert advice and practical information for common emergencies.